If you want to keep your air con in optimal condition for years, you simply cannot ignore to clean and check for its maintenance. Regular aircon maintenance not only helps extend its life span, but improves its cooling efficiency and saves you big bucks on future aircon repair. Unfortunately, some people either do not understand the importance of regular maintenance or are not aware of the common aircon maintenance mistakes. Some of them ignore aircon cleaning maintenance in an attempt to save a few hundred dollar, but end up paying a lump sum on repairs or even worse cause the system to stop working completely. Let’s discuss five most common maintenance mistakes and how to avoid those in best aircon service.
- Not giving it a break – Some people keep the air conditioner running at full flow throughout the day. This does not only improve your electricity bill but puts pressure on the condenser unit. If you let it run for hours without giving it a break, it may sometime lose efficiency or breakdown. One good idea could be to use a thermostat. Set the temperature higher or turn off the system when you are planned to go out for a long time.
- Setting the thermostat wrong – In an attempt to cool your rooms faster, you may want to set the thermostat much lower than your desired indoor temperature. For instance, you may set the temperature at 20 degrees because you need to reach at 25 degrees faster. Don’t do this. First of all, this strategy does not work. The system take a minimum time to cool down – no matter how low you set the temperature. Secondly, this will put pressure on your systems and affected its performance in the long run.
- Not replacing the filters regularly – aircon Filters are prone to damages due to the accumulation of dust, dirt and grime over time. You should clean the filters regularly. Moreover, you should change them every two months.
- Not getting the system serviced regularly – Just changing the filters is not enough. You want to aircon service the entire system at least twice a year. One good idea would be to hire an acclaimed company for regular ac service singapore. Unfortunately, most homeowners ignore regular aircon servicing and cause several unnecessary problems. Knowing how to choose the good aircon service company will help you to save money.
- Ignoring repairs at the first instance – If you notice any signs of defect or efficiency loss, you should call professionals for a thorough inspection as soon as possible. For instance, you may notice your air con making a loud noise while it is running. Or you may find water leak from its condenser. Sometimes, you may notice that the system is not increase aircon cooling enough even after for a long time. These are signs that your air con wand to be repaired. You should not delay seeking professional help for aircon repair company. Otherwise, a simple problem can gradually turn into a major setback and may even cause a total air con failure.
Consider avoiding those five maintenance mistakes to help keep your air con running at its best for years.