There are a number of distinct differences between a window air con and a split air con. As a homeowner, you need to know about these differences and the pros and cons of each type, so that you can decide between the two from an informed perspective as it also affects your long term air conditioner service needs. Let’s take a close look at each type.
About Window Air Cons
This type of air con has a single unit to contain all the components. This is usually installed in the window of a home, hence the name – window aircon. A single unit includes the condenser, the compressor, and jointing pipes. This is why it is easy to install. You can even consider installing on your own. However, it is always a good idea to hire professionals for installations, ac service singapore and aircon repair. Window models are also cost effective. They usually cost you throughout 40 percent less than a split system.
On the drawback, window models consume more electricity and usually create a buzzing noise when in use. Moreover, a window unit occupies most parts of a window, permit less natural light to enter into your room. The whole unit sits on a single base. This also require a security risk, because robbers and thieves can easily remove the window unit from outside to break into your home.
• Low pricing – A wide variety of window units available to suit almost every budget
• Ease of installation – A window air con is a self-contained unit; thus no piping is required for its installation. The cost of installation is also low. When aircon general service is needed, it is also relatively lower cost.
• Makes a noise – Because all components are carry in a single unit, you’ll hear a noise inside your room.
• Consumers more power
• Covers up window, obstructs your outdoor view
• Involves a security risk
Split Air Conditioners
This type of air con has two separate units. The outdoor unit contains the condenser and the compressor, stretch the indoor unit contains the fan coil. Split models are more expensive but help you save most on electricity in the long run. If you are looking for an attractive-looking air con that would add to the beauty of your room, you can opt for this type of split ac installation.
• Minimal maintenance required – You simply want to clean the filters after every few months. If you chosen to hire professionals for regular maintenance increase aircon cooling at a nominal cost.
• Adds to the beauty of your room – Split air con are available in a variety of sleek designs. You can easily find one that complements your interior décor.
• Does not create noise – Compare to the window models, split models are extremely quite.
• Consumes less electricity – This gives you a chance to save more in the lengthy run
• Highest installation cost – The outdoor and the indoor compartments need to be connected with pipes. This requires spending time and money on installation trusted aircon service.
• Most expensive – Split models are most costly than window models